Invest in Your Future. You're Worth It.
Develop the foundations of lasting health
Improve your energy, endurance, and confidence.
Dial in the eating and lifestyle practices you need to feel amazing for your next adventure.
- Are you tired of compromising your adventure goals because you just don’t have the energy?
- Are you tired of not seeing results even though you’re eating well and working out?
- Tired of watching the years roll by feeling like you aren’t fulfilling your potential?
- Do you want to eat healthier for your next endurance event, but not sure where to start?
- Are you motivated to accomplish big goals, but your health is holding you back?
- Have you tried EVERYTHING to get healthy and not seen results?
This was me too.
But the good news is, you don’t have to feel that way anymore.
I help wilderness lovers develop the strength, confidence, and endurance to get outside and live their dreams.
Together, we get to the root cause of what’s holding you back, whether it’s fatigue, low motivation, or a chronic illness. We use the pillars of good nutrition, sleep, movement, recovery, and stress management to connect you with true health.
Through my own experience and working with others, I’ve developed an extensive toolbox of personal development and coaching tools, as well as a personalized coaching method to achieve lasting results.
My advantage is that I have endured health challenges, such as adrenal dysfunction, eating disorders, and the autoimmune condition Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. I’ve also experienced the freedom and beauty of months spent in the wilderness and I know the deep value and growth that comes from being in nature.
"I've personally learned a ton and completely changed my diet by following her guidelines and advice. My energy levels and digestion capacity have done a complete 180 throughout the last 10 months of transitioning away from all the crap food that I used to love so much." -John (Bigfoot) Carr
Who Am I?
Like many health practitioners, my interest in wellness developed out of my own struggles.
I know what it’s like to struggle with….
- autoimmune Hashimoto’s symptoms as an endurance athlete
- overwhelming fatigue
- deep muscle aches that kept me from feeling strong on steep mountain climbs
- lack of stamina
- low energy levels that made it harder to do big miles
- digestive issues
- menstrual dysregulation
- adrenal dysfunction
- the frustration and despair of not being able to pursue adventures because my health was holding me back
At my worst, I couldn’t even run a mile without experiencing such extreme fatigue in my muscles that it forced me to walk. As someone whose ‘happy place’ is doing big miles in the great outdoors, this was devastating. You can read my full story here.
I know what it’s like to feel confused by the massive amount of health information. I became obsessed with finding holistic approaches to improving energy and endurance, and repairing my adrenals and thyroid hormones. I tried one thing after another for years before I found my way back to health through extensive research and trial and error.
I’ve seen others, especially endurance athletes, struggle with similar issues. Part of my healing journey and my drive to do this work is to use my years of pain and suffering to help others. I became a certified Botanical Medicine educator, began studying under functional medicine practitioners, and enrolled in a Holistic Nutritionist certification program.
Old school nutrition relies on fad diets, detoxes/cleanses, and often outdated science. It guarantees quick fixes. It offers band-aids which target your symptoms rather than digging to the root of the problem.
Using a systematized approach focusing on the pillars of health, tailored to your unique situation, we get to the root of the problem and bring about radical transformation.
Optimizing your health to build a strong, resilient mind and body is based around a few pillars:
- Eating a nutrient dense whole foods diet
- Getting optimal sleep
- Daily movement & recovery
- Stress reduction
Through my own healing, I’ve distilled the information, and created a systematized process that produces real and lasting results. It’s no surprise that the above practices form the foundation of health, but I understand how hard it can feel to integrate new practices into your life when you don’t feel well. I simplify each step to make it easy to follow and incorporate into a full life.
- the adventurer who is preparing for their next big goal
- the endurance athlete who operates at 98%, but wants to achieve that last 2%
- the athlete who wants to stay healthy in the off season
- the dreamer who knows they have big things to do in this world
- the wilderness lover who wants their health back, but doesn’t know where to start
- the outdoor enthusiast who recently received a diagnosis (such as Hashimoto’s or adrenal dysfunction) and wants their health back
- the person who has already tried everything but can’t get results
- anyone with BIG AMBITIONS who is courageous enough to put in the effort required for transformation
Transformation is difficult and it takes time. If you’re willing to use the same focused, motivated mindset and grit that gets you to the summit of the mountain and the end of a 2,000 mile trail, then YOU CAN achieve remarkable health.
What would it be like to feel stronger & healthier than ever?
How would it feel to have the energy and endurance to be outside pursuing your passions?
What would it be like to feel unstoppable?
"I have been eating more greens and salads. I also started implementing more nut proteins instead of just meat. I am feeling much better, and have been appreciating having more options for meals. I am very glad I got to meet with Katie and have found her advice really helpful! "-Bonnie Gager
“If information was the answer, then we'd all be billionaires with perfect abs.” -Derek Sivers
But more information is not the answer.
We need support and guidance to reach our goals. I’ve had coaches help me achieve success over the years and I wouldn’t be where I am without them. That's why I help others. It’s about having the support, guidance, and accountability to get where you want to go.